Lazy Elf Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lazy Elf Inn

Welcome to the Lazy Elf Inn of Dragon Stone

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Storm Has Broken, by Coil

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraya
Chronicler
Chronicler
Astraya

The Storm Has Broken, by Coil Empty
PostSubject: The Storm Has Broken, by Coil   The Storm Has Broken, by Coil Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 4:02 am

Published: Dec 30 2007

The battle was joined. The mob flooded out of the gate, straight towards the Doom Guard as Coil began to launch his spells towards it. The press of undead split under Archanis' orders, half, attacking the Master of Doom with Coil, and the other half guarding the rear. As spells and blades hummed through the air, Coil concentrated all of his power into felling this demon. He could smell Urynmaal's blood on him, and a rage entered his bones, unlike anything he had felt before. He leapt forward, over the press of troops seeking to knock the demon down, and plunged his blades into its neck. Blood showered from its neck as it gurgled, choking in its own blood. Coil sank his fangs into it throat as it fell, drinking. Before it slipped into death, he looked at its eyes.

"You took the Warpriest, now we take your life."

A ghoul removed a key from the demons belt, handing it to Coil. He uttered something that Coil could not understand, but the gestures towards the door made it clear. They were twenty feet tall, solid iron doors. Coil placed the key into the lock, and the doors swung inwards. Before them, a hundred feet in front of them sat the largest demon Coil could believe existed. At his feet lay the broken body of the War Priest. The Demon Lord, held a metal circlet in his hands. Upon seeing this, the soldiers screamed out Diamante's name, and rushed forward. Coil and Archanis were carried along by the press. The soldiers slammed shut the doors as they entered, wedging them shut with axes spears and staves. Coil vaulted to the front of the charge. They skidded to a stop as the Demon rose to speak.

"You dare defile my throne?"

Coil snarled, anger in his voice.

"You dare defile my Queen, her Templar, and Our Warpriest?"

The demon towered over them all, 20 feet tall. It gazed down upon Coil with a look of contempt. It was about to speak when Coil drew his blades.

"I am Coil De'Requiem, a servant of Diamante, Queen of The Damned. You will now die."

With that the faithful leapt forward. A group of zombies moved to Urynmaal's body, covering it, and dragging it off to the side. The remaining force fought with all their might. Archanis stood side by side with Coil, ducking the spear blows aimed towards them. The troopers they brought with them would not allow them to be wounded. Time after time a ghoul, zombie, skeleton, or even a mortal worshiper would throw themselves before the pair, to protect them. Each death, each destruction of a soldier pained Coil, but they were winning. The demon lord was bleeding from dozens of wounds inflicted upon him, and burns covered his entire frame from the destructive magics being wrought upon him. He fell to his knees, the army of the city of the dead circling him.

The demon stared at Coil. "You will not make it out of here alive."

Coil wiped blood from his jaw bone as he knelt to pick up Urynmaal's symbol of rank.

"I was dead before I got here."

He turned to move towards Urynmaal's ravaged body as the army of the dead finished off the demon lord.
Back to top Go down

The Storm Has Broken, by Coil
Page 1 of 1