Lazy Elf Inn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lazy Elf Inn

Welcome to the Lazy Elf Inn of Dragon Stone

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rijda's Chronicles - Mists - Chapter 4 - Sunborn (Part I), by Rijda

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Astraya
Chronicler
Chronicler
Astraya

Rijda's Chronicles - Mists - Chapter 4 - Sunborn (Part I), by Rijda Empty
PostSubject: Rijda's Chronicles - Mists - Chapter 4 - Sunborn (Part I), by Rijda   Rijda's Chronicles - Mists - Chapter 4 - Sunborn (Part I), by Rijda Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 4:06 am

Published: Dec 31 2007

-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-, -`-,

-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-,-`-, -`-,

Amongst the Drow, there was a bloodline. A line that strayed from the path of Lloth. A line that followed a lighter Goddess, a Goddess of the Sun.

Hidden from the dregs of Drow society, this bloodline remained isolated, holed away, performing their ceremonies in secret, their prayers far from the Llothian worshippers. Their agenda was a secret one - a silent one. A word unspoken between them for millennia.

The Goddess was a false one, that these Drow worshipped, and they knew of its falsity. And yet, they still worshipped. Somehow, they still worshipped.

It is said that amongst this Drow line, the Ak'thun, or Sunborn in the tongue of the heathen, every thousand years a child was born with the Mark of the Goddess. A mark that, they say, symbolized the purity of the bloodline... and a promise of immortality.

This mark...came in the form of a crystal eye. Every one thousand years, a child of the Ak'thun was born with an eye of the purest shimmering sapphire. An eye that gave the holder mystical abilities...Telepathy, telekinesis, and, supposedly, the ability to see the future as the Divine.

Until the line was broken, when the Ak'thun temple was discovered by a renegade pack of dwarven miners, exiled from their homes for various crimes. Murder, homicide, thievery, it mattered little. To the armed Dwarves, what they had found was a gold mine.

The bloodline was enslaved, the worship was split, and there was one survivor when the dwarves were finished. One survivor to escape her captors and make her way to the surface world.

A child born into slavery. A child with a sapphire eye.

A child named Zinhai Ak'Thun. The Enticing Shadow.

Sunborn.

Chosen of the Goddess.

-CONTINUED-
Back to top Go down

Rijda's Chronicles - Mists - Chapter 4 - Sunborn (Part I), by Rijda
Page 1 of 1